This article describes how to set up a Heartland Restaurant site to use the Star SP700 Impact Printer.
Print the Printer Status Page
The device defaults to DHCP. To print the Printer Status page, which includes the “Current IP Parameters Status” section, complete the following steps.
- If you haven’t done so already, load the printer with paper and turn it off.
- Hold the Feed button while turning the printer’s power on.
- Continue holding the Feed button while the printer powers up.
After several seconds, you will see the printer’s power lights come on and hear one beep. This indicates the printer has initialized.
- After the first beep, release the Feed button.
- The Printer Status page will print and cut.
- The network card information will print.
At the bottom of the second printout, you can find the “Current IP Parameters Status” section, which includes the printer’s IP address.
Set IP Static IP Address Settings
To set the printer’s IP settings, use a computer or tablet on the same network as the printer with browser access.
- Open your browser of choice and access the IP address listed in the “Current IP Address Parameters Status” of the Printer Status page.
- Click Login in the left-hand side menu.
- Enter the default login name and password as follows:
- Select IP Parameters on the left, then select Static.
- Enter the desired IP Address, the required Subnet Mask, and the required Default Gateway for your network.
- Click Submit.
The program will display a message stating that the address condition is accepted.
- Click Save on the left hand side.
- Select Save configuration printing restart device.
- Click Execute.
The program will display a message stating the action was successful and to wait for the device to restart. The device will reset and print the Printer Status page. Also, the LED light will turn solid green to indicate the power is on.
When paper is loaded in the printer and it is turned on, the [POWER] LED (green) on the front of the printer turns on.
- If you hold the [RST] button on the back of the printer with a small tool for more than five seconds, initial operations are performed in the same way as when the power is turned on, and the LEDs on the front of the printer flash.
- The device will reset, the LED lights will stop flashing yellow and red simultaneously. The LED will turn solid green indicating power.