This article describes how to set up an Epson TM-U220 printer to run on a site using Heartland Restaurant.
For procedures describing how to configure the DHCP settings on a POS device for Epson TM-U220 printers, review our article “DHCP Configuration Guide for Epson TM-U220 Printers”. The DHCP control enables an iOS device to automatically assign an IP address to an Epson TM-U220 printer.
Connect Kitchen Printer to Wi-Fi
- Run the Epson TM Utility.
- In the Epson TM Utility menu, select Wi-Fi Setup Wizard.
- In the list, select the model of the printer you want to connect to, then tap Next.
The TM-U220 will be at the bottom of the list.
- Follow the steps on the Status Check page.
The printer will print a SimpleAP Status Page check. This status message includes the printer’s current SSID, Encryption type, passphrase, current IP and MAC address. These are the values currently set on the device before TM Net sets them for your network.
If not currently connected, TM Net will enable the Wi-Fi connection on your device.
- When prompted, enter your Wireless Network name (SSID).
- When prompted, select your wireless security type.
- When prompted, enter the password for your Wireless Network.
- When prompted, select Auto to enable the router to automatically assign an IP address to the printer, or select Manual to manually enter an IP address for the printer.
Most users will want Auto.
TM Net will ask if you want to send the new settings to the printer.
- Check the settings and send.
The printer is now selected and ready with the new settings.
- Check the printer settings, confirming the IP address of the printer.
Connect Kitchen Printer via Ethernet
- Turn off the printer by pressing its power button.
- Connect one end of the Ethernet cable to an Ethernet port on your internet router.
- Connect the other end of the Ethernet cable to an Ethernet port on your printer.
- Turn the printer on.
- Turn the printer around and with a pen or pencil tip, push the pinhole reset button on the back of the printer for four seconds.
The printer should automatically print a status sheet with the printer’s IP address on your network.
Assigning the Printer
- In the Admin Console, access the appropriate account and location.
- In the Admin Console’s Main Menu, click Location Setup, then click Printers.
- In the Printers screen, click New to add a printer.
The program displays the New Printer settings panel.
- In the Name box, type a descriptive name for the device (such as ”Bar Printer”).
- In the AP Address box, type the IP address of the printer.
- In the Brand list, select Epson.
- In the Series list, select TM-U220 (impact).
- Click the Save icon to save the record.
- Click to publish the new printer to the POS.