To configure custom overtime rules, navigate to Administration - Pay Rules & Codes.
On the first tab, Overtime Rule, select the Create Configurable Rule button.
You may create your custom overtime rule much in the same way you would configure any existing overtime rules, however you have several new fields which you may set.
Setup Pay Codes
Under the Setup Pay Codes section, you can use this to set up any special calculations you need. You may apply the following rules:
- Multiply an existing rate by a specified amount,
- Add a specific dollar amount per hour to the existing regular rate.
You may also choose to exclude any designated rates created from overtime calculations.
You may use this section to set up any daily, weekly, or bi-weekly overtime thresholds. You have the option to
- Set up a number of hours per a specified time-frame for a threshold.
- Identify which pay codes to apply when a threshold is met.
Under Additional Settings, you can set up several other criteria used in calculating overtime. These can include:
- Choose whether to set up overtime based on the day of the week,
- Apply a minimum wage rule, and set it to your specific state, or to the federal rate.
Note: While we encourage the use of this tool for configuring your overtime rules, we acknowledge that there may be circumstances where you may need some custom programming. If you have attempted and exhausted the capabilities of the overtime rule configuration tool, you may contact your account representative.