Messages can be sent via either email, or SMS if you have SMS enabled. Messages between your company and the candidate will be tracked through the Messages page.
Send a New Message Via SMS
To initiate a new message with a candidate:
- Select the Candidate by selecting the candidate from the Job they applied from, or searching for the candidate specifically.
- In the Candidate Profile, click Message Candidate.
- Select the type of message to send: Email or Texting (SMS) . The email address or phone number that will be used to send the message will be displayed.
- If you have a Message Template available, select it from the Use Template dropdown menu.
- Enter your SMS message. SMS messages are limited to 160 characters. When sending a SMS message, follow these guidelines:
- Ask the recipient permission to send text messages.
- Keep messages short and direct.
- State who the message is from, and the purpose.
- Avoid multiple messages in a short time period if possible.
- Do not send sensitive information over a text message. These are typically unencrypted, so avoid requesting date of birth, social security numbers, etc.
- When finished, select Send.
Respond To Message Via SMS
When a Candidate responds to a SMS message, they are displayed on the Messages page. To reply to a Message:
- Select the Message thread.
- Select Reply, and enter a new message.
- Select either from an existing template, or a brand new message. When finished, select Send.