Payroll → Time Entry → Individual Time Entry
What is Individual Time Entry?
Individual Time Entry provides a detailed view to enter payroll one employee at a time. Specialized options are available here, such as issuing an additional check and previewing a check.
Use Individual Time Entry when you need to:
- Preview the employee’s check
- Override amounts not normally displayed (choose the “All Template” to see all earnings and deductions)
- Add an extra check to an employee
- Post a manual check (write an in-house check or pay the employee cash for the net pay)
- Override state and local taxes
- Block the employee's direct deposit(s)
- Allocate hours to specific divisions or departments
Adding Checks (Additional Checks)
Select the blue Add Check button to add a check to the employee. A common scenario is when an employer wishes to issue a bonus or commission check separate from the employee’s regular pay.
After selecting the Add Check button, choose the check type. The check type defines parameters, such as preventing deductions or calculating a specific net pay on a check.
- Additional Check
- Additional Check - Gross Up
- Additional Check - No Deductions
Do not select Adjustment, 3rd Party Sick, or Void Check, as those are for internal Heartland use only. Contact your Payroll Support Team if you need to report 3rd Party Sick or have a check voided; we are happy to assist!