If you select Tips, the POS displays a screen listing transactions that were closed without a tip amount. In this screen, you can edit each transaction and enter an appropriate tip.
- To enter a tip amount to a ticket, select the ticket’s Tip box in the list. The POS displays a keypad at the bottom of the screen.
- Enter a tip amount with the keypad, and then select Done.
- To access a ticket, select its name in the list. To POS will open the ticket, allowing you to review its details and (if desired) enter a tip amount.
- To enter a tip value of “$0” in all transactions in the list, select the Empty Tips button, and then select Mark empty tips as 0.
- When you have finished editing tip amount for all necessary tickets, select Submit Tips.
The POS will save the changes you have entered.
If your credit card processing is set to Auth/Capture tips must be captured to batch a transaction out at the end of day. When you use this method, you’ll see a red X or a green checkmark indicator for this section. If you use Sale/Adjust or another processing method it allows you to view the screen, but does not show an indicator since it’s not required for end of day.