At the start of any business day, a manager might need to adjust the count for menu items, often for daily specials or other important items. Managers can edit the stock count of such items directly within the Heartland Retail POS. Once adjusted, the POS automatically counts down the stock by one each time the item is ordered. You do not need to set a Stock Limit for all items.
To edit the stock count of a menu item, you can use one of the following methods.
Edit Stock Counts in the Order Screen
- In the POS Order screen, select and hold any item’s button in the menu panel.
- The POS displays the What’s the item stock limit?
- In this keypad, enter the item’s in-stock quantity, then select Save.
or If you do not want to apply an in-stock quantity to the item, select No Limit.
Edit Stock Counts in the Item Stock Management Screen
You can also edit stock counts in the Item Stock Management screen.
- In the POS, select the menu icon in the top right corner. The app displays a list of options.
- Select Manager, and then select Item Stock Management. The Item Stock Management screen displays. This screen includes controls that enable you to search for items by category or menu section, enabling you to find and edit stock counts for multiple items.
- To edit an item’s stock count, find the item by entering its description in the Search an item box, and then enter a new stock count in the item’s Stock.
- Select Save.
To designate an item as out of stock, set the item’s stock value to “0”. In the Order screen, the POS will display out-of-stock items in red. If you set an item’s stock value to “0”, users will be unable to order the item in the POS or the Online Order website.