This article describes how to set up and use the Call Center option with Heartland Restaurant.
What is Call Center?
The Call Center feature allows Admin Console users to place online orders at the account level with the ability to designate the order to a specified location. It also allows you to use additional payment options, such as custom tenders.
How Do I Enable Call Center?
To request this feature to be enabled for an account, contact the Heartland Restaurant Support Team at HRSupport@heartland.us or 1-833-844-4767.
Creating a Call Center User
After the Call Center feature is enabled on the account, you must give one or more Admin Console users the ability to access the Call Center screen and use its features.
- Log in to the Admin Console and access the desired account.
- In the Main Menu, click Users, then click Users.
- In the User’s screen, select an existing user.
or Click New to create a new user.
- Select the Call Center check box.
- If you creating a new user, enter all other necessary information and settings.
- Click Save.
Placing an Order in the Call Center
Once you enable users to access the Call Center features, they can access the Call Center screen in the Admin Console and place new orders.
- In the Admin Console’s Main Menu, click Call Center.
In the Call Center screen, you can create a new order.
- In the Order Method list, select an appropriate order method (Online Ordering or Catering).
- In the Order Type list, select an appropriate order type (Carryout or Delivery).
If the specified location does not support one of these services, the program will not include that service in this list.
- In the Phone Number box, enter the customer’s phone number.
If the phone number is associated with an existing customer account, the program may automatically enter the customer’s other contact information in the various boxes.
- In the Name, Email, Address, and other boxes, enter the customer’s assorted contact information.
- If necessary, you can enter any special delivery or pickup instructions in the Special Instructions box.
- After entering all necessary customer information, select an appropriate store location in the Store Location list.
Based on the customer’s address, you should select a nearby location that can serve the customer.
If the customer has previously placed an order for that location, the program will display the Order Previous Order and Create New Order panels below the Location list.
- To enter the customer’s order, click either the Order Previous Order or Create New Order panel.
The Admin Console will open the location’s Online Ordering website and clear the settings in the Call Center screen, allowing new orders to be entered. Steps for entering the order itself and payment for the order are covered in the Online Order section.
If you need to clear the existing order and start a new order, click Restart Order. The Admin Console will clear all order settings and contact information in the Call Center screen.
Ordering Items in the Online Order
Once you select an order option (Order Previous or Create New), the Admin Console opens a new browser tab, accesses the location’s Online Ordering website, and loads the customer information you entered in the Call Center screen.
- In the Online Ordering website, navigate the menu and select all requested items for the customer’s order.
- When the order is done, click the Shopping Cart icon, then click Checkout.
With ordering through the Call Center, you will have more options than you normally would for an order when checking out, such as adding an adjustment to the order without a promo code, or removing the taxes from the order.
- In the Enter your info area, select the desired payment method, then enter any necessary payment information.
- To pay with a custom tender, select the Custom Tenders option, then select a specific custom tender on the Tenders list.
When placing orders through the Call Center, you can pay tickets with custom tenders, which are not normally available to customers using the Online Order website. These are the same custom tender options available to servers in the Heartland Restaurant POS.
- To complete the order, click Submit Your Order.
The program will display the Order Completed page, similar to the page a customer sees when submitting an order in the Online Order website.