This article describes how to configure a Heartland Retail site to process gift card payments via Heartland Gift.
- The site must run Heartland Retail at version 5.80 or higher.
- The site must have Heartland Gift Card enabled in Landlord. Contact support with questions about this, and to verify the status.
- A Standalone TID for Portico Direct V2 Gateway must be created on the merchant’s Heartland Processing account.
- The Standalone TID must also be enabled for Gift.
- The PAX devices must be enabled to Exclude Credit Bin Range.
- The username and password created for the gift-enabled Standalone Terminal ID number must be entered in the POS.
- Heartland Gift Card for Heartland Retail will be swiped on the PAX devices then processed through a direct to portico via the POS.
Follow the steps below to configure Heartland Retail for gift card processing.
- Go to Settings.
- Go to Payment Types and then select Gift Cards.
- From the Process gift cards list, select ‘with Heartland Gift Cards’.
- Refer to your Heartland credentials for the remaining fields:
- User Name
- Site ID
- License ID
- Device ID
- Once you have completed the form, select Save.
You can easily check a balance on a Heartland Gift Card right in Heartland Retail by following the steps below.
- Begin at the Point of Sale screen.
- After the Point of Sale screen opens, select the Gift Card button at the top.
- After the Gift Card pop-up displays, enter the gift card number in the provided field.
Alternatively, you can select Read from Payment Terminal and then follow the prompts to swipe the card at your payment device.
- Once the gift card number is found, the gift card balance will display in a new pop-up. This pop-up allows you to add funds, and to view the gift card history.
- To add funds, simply enter the desired amount, select the Add Funds button, and apply a payment to complete the transaction as you would any other.
- Once the transaction is complete, the gift card will be active with an adjusted balance reflecting the additional funds.
To redeem a gift card for payment, do the following:
- From the Point of Sale, ring in an invoice as normal.
- When you are ready to tender, select Add Payment and choose Gift Card as your payment method.
- As when adding funds, you can either enter the gift card number manually in the text box and hit Lookup, or you can select Read from Payment Terminal.
If you choose the latter, you will be asked to swipe the gift card on the pin pad.
- Once you have the correct gift card displayed, you will see the following:
- To finalize the payment, enter the desired payment amount and select Add Payment to complete the transaction.