To change your legal name, federal tax identification information, or authorized signers, complete and submit a Company Information - Update Application. Contact customer service if you need help confirming your changes are complete.
DBA name, legal name, and federal tax ID all changing?
- Your name
- Your phone number
- DBA name
- Email address
- Current MID
- New Employer Identification Number (EIN), also called a federal tax ID
- New legal name
Is your bank account information changing?
Complete and submit Bank Account Change Form.
Use the form to change your business address, legal address, or business bank account. Fill out the form entirely and send it with a voided check and a bank letter or signed verification of business (VOB) form. A bank change fee may apply per the terms of your agreement.
To validate receipt of the change request, Heartland will send an email requesting confirmation from the authorized signer. Reply to the email, or call to confirm.
Timeframe: Bank account change requests are completed within three business days after the information is verified. Additional processing time is required if:
- Your merchant account is open for less than six months
- Multiple changes are requested within three months
- Your account is inactive for three months
Bank account changes are verified and completed from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm EST, Monday through Friday.
Bank Account Change Team Contact Information
To confirm your identity in the email, provide two of these:
- Merchant identification number (MID)
- Terminal identification number (TID) of one device
- Doing business as (DBA) name
- Legal or DBA address, including city and state or postal code.
- DBA Phone Number
One of these:
- Custom Password
- Last four digits of the merchant demand deposit account (DDA)
- Last four digits of the owner’s Social Security number (SSN)
And all of these:
- Legal Name
- Federal Tax ID
- Signer Name(s)