FAQ for Existing Users
What happens if I can’t sign in to my account?
Password / Locked Out Issues (Forgot, password not working, or you’re locked out)
Login to your account at http://account.heartland.us/. Enter the email address used for your account.
You will be redirected to the MFA Account login page shown in the next step.
Select the “Forgot your Password” button on the MFA page; the steps to reset are listed below.
- You will receive a verification code to your email address.
- Enter the code online and complete Multi-Factor Authentication.
- You will receive a code through text or an authenticator app, whichever method you choose when setting up your extra authentication.
- You will then be able to change your password, which also unlocks your account.
Continuing to enter incorrect passwords will increase the lockout duration to a maximum of 5 hours. You can choose to wait to log in or change your password to unlock; due to security parameters, we are unable to unlock accounts manually.
Forgot password process: No email received
- If you click “Forgot Your Password” and do not receive an email within 30-45 minutes, verify you are entering the correct email address associated with your account.
- The support team is also available via phone at (833) 448-2384, Monday - Friday 8:30 AM ET/ 5:30 AM PT - 8:30 PM ET/5:30 PM PT
- If your admin sets up new access, follow the welcome instructions to create a new password.
Verify the Website Address (URL) you initially entered or have bookmarked
- The Multifactor Authentication web address will be different from the original URL and is unique with every session for security purposes. Verify what URL you began with; it should be account.heartland.us.
FAQs for New Users
How do I set up my new account?
- You will receive a welcome email with a link and be prompted to sign up.
- Set up your password
- Choose your Multi-Factor Authentication option as this document outlines (pages 4 & 5).
What if I can’t find my activation email?
The support team is also available via phone at (833) 448-2384, Monday - Friday 8:30 AM ET/ 5:30 AM PT - 8:30 PM ET/5:30 PM PT
What are the time frames for account activation?
- There is no time limit to activate a new account with the receipt of the activation email.
- MFA Verification Authentication codes:
- Text: Code via text is valid for 5 minutes.
- Authenticator App: Code refreshes every 30 seconds.
MFA (Multi-Factor Authentication) FAQs and Troubleshooting
What if the Multi-Factor Authentication verification code is not received?
- Have a code sent to you again. Text codes expire after five minutes, and Authenticator App codes change every 30 seconds.
- If this is your first time authenticating, a third-party security app on your mobile phone might be blocking the text message or phone call. Try disabling the security app temporarily while going through the authentication process again.
- If that doesn’t work, try selecting a different primary authentication method.
- If you still don’t receive the code using another method, please reach out to your specialist, letting them know that you are having trouble with your code. They will work with our support team to reset your MFA options. Once this has been completed, your specialist will let you know to log in again and set up your Multi-Factor Authentication option again.
I have a question about the authenticator app I chose. Where do I go for help?
Click the links below for information and help with the Authenticator apps:
What if I need to access my account on multiple devices?
- If you are accessing from multiple devices, we recommend using one of the MFA authentication methods that connects to your mobile device.
Will I be required to authenticate every time?
- Users will only be required to re-authenticate every 45 days if the “Don’t ask me again for 45 days on this browser” is checked when authenticating.
- Users must re-authenticate when logging into the system from a new device or if their cache/cookies were deleted.
- Different IP addresses (e.g., a hotel, Starbucks, work, or home Wifi) will not prompt verification.
How do I update my number used for MFA or switch authentication methods?
- The support team is available via phone at (833) 448-2384, Monday - Friday 8:30 AM ET/ 5:30 AM PT - 8:30 PM ET/5:30 PM PT
- Let them know that you need to update the phone number associated with your Multi-Factor Authentication or change to a different method.
- Once completed, you will log in again and set up your Multi-Factor Authentication with a new number or a different method.
What happens if I do not receive the activation or verification email?
- Check your Junk/Spam folder, and mark any emails directed there as a safe sender.
- Make sure that you can receive emails from email@example.com.
- Adding firstname.lastname@example.org to your contact often resolves issues where email is directed to Junk/Spam.
If you’re still not receiving the emails:
- Please reach out to your support team via phone at (833) 448-2384, Monday - Friday 8:30 AM ET/ 5:30 AM PT - 8:30 PM ET/5:30 PM PT
What browsers are supported?
We recommend using one of the following browsers to access your HCM Account: Google Chrome, Firefox, and Microsoft Edge. Using an unsupported browser may cause access issues.
For questions regarding this security enhancement,the support team is available via phone at (833) 448-2384, Monday - Friday 8:30 AM ET/ 5:30 AM PT - 8:30 PM ET/5:30 PM PT