This article describes how to remove the HBSM-CH60 battery from the MobilePOS case. In testing, we have seen a significant decrease in disconnections between the iPad Mini and BBPOS Wisecube when this battery has been removed.
Please review all of these steps prior to removing the HBSM-CH60 battery. Failure to do so may result in irreparable damage to the case.
- Remove the BBPOS Wisecube from its case prior to starting this process.
- Disconnect the case from its power source.
- Use a hair dryer to loosen the glue between the protective cover and case.
- Use a wide flat device with rounded corners, such as a credit card, as a tool to remove the proactive cover. This will help minimize any damage.
- Battery removal will decrease the time between required charging for both the iPad Mini and BBPOS Wisecube. It is recommended that these cases now be charged after each busy shift to maximize use throughout the day.
HBSM-CH60 Battery Removal
- Using a coin or a flat head screwdriver, remove the faceplate from the MobilePOS case.
Start removal of the faceplate using the notches in the lower left or right corner of the MobilePOS case.
- Start in a corner and peel back the protective sticker. To assist with the removal of the protective sticker we suggest using a hair dryer to warm the glue. A heat gun can, on its lowest setting, can also be used, but be extremely careful to not heat the protective sticker to the point where it could melt, warp, or shrink.
Also using a flat object, such as a credit card, can assist with removing the protective sticker.
- Remove the eight (8) screws holding down the battery cover.
- With the power connection port facing you, lift the center plate toward you.
Once lifted, turn the vault case 180 degrees so the credit card slot is now facing you.
- Remove the battery, replace the center plate, and reattach with the eight screws removed in step 3.
- Replace protective cover as close to original placement as possible.