The features outlined in this article are supported in the following product tiers:
This article describes the Advanced settings found in the Admin Console for dealers.
Modify Staff on Paid Tickets
Description: If enabled, it will allow the assigned staff member to be Changed/Transferred to after a payment is taken.
Considerations: The reports will not be any different, the ticket will be reported under the staff member who owned the ticket at the time the ticket was closed, with the exception of the cash summary report, which will still show under the staff member who did the cash transaction.
Description: Allows the ability to restrict certain discount types or actions from being done. Aimed to help prevent misuse of discounts.
None: No restrictions
Discounts and Negative Adjustments: Tickets will be restricted to having discounts on an item or a negative adjustment to the ticket, not both.
Multiple Negative Adjustments: Tickets will be restricted from having multiple negative adjustments on a ticket at once.
Both: Ticket cannot have multiple negative adjustments on it at once, and cannot have negative adjustments and discounts on an item at the same time.
Considerations: This prompt is not able to be bypassed with a Manager PIN. The setting would need to be set back to None to be able to proceed.
Description: Allows tipping on Gift Card transactions.
Considerations: The PAX integration does not support gift tipping at this time, even if this is enabled.
Epson Status Pre Check
Description: When enabled, it improves communication and resolves some printer problems for U220 printers with E04 Ethernet interface and higher. It is recommended for you to ensure an up to date Ethernet interface is used. If not possible, it is best for this setting to be disabled for printers with an E03 interface and lower.
- Issues can arise specifically if Epson Status Pre Check is enabled, but the printers have an E03 interface or lower.
- This is set at the location level not per printer. If there is a mix of Ethernet interface versions, it could cause issues.
- This only affects Kitchen Printer communications.
Online Ordering Max Lead Time
Description: This raises or lowers the max lead time that can be changed on the fly in the tablet.
Cancel Running EMV Transactions
Description: When enabled, it reveals a Cancel button on the POS screen if an EMV transaction takes longer than 30 seconds to return messaging back to the POS.
- We always advise cancelling from the EMV device itself first and only using the Cancel button on the POS if the device does not communicate that a cancellation was done.
- Tapping the Cancel button on the POS does not guarantee the EMV device will stop attempting to process the transaction (especially if it is a result of a connection issue between the two devices).
- This button could also be useful if the EMV device locks up.
- If this setting is disabled, the POS will wait for 5 minutes for a response from the EMV device before dropping the ‘transaction in progress’ message and allowing other actions on the POS.
- The length of time the POS waits is this long to accommodate any site that does AVS verification or chooses to enter other information for transactions via the device which can take significantly longer than a standard transaction.
Description: When enabled if a user attempts to void a payment and it fails, a message will appear asking if they would like to do a Force void.
- A Force void is not communicated to the processor whatsoever; it is more so used to remove a transaction for reporting purposes in our system. Anytime a Force void is done, it is pertinent you record the information for the transaction and contact the processor to ensure it is handled on their end manually.
- Due to the nature of this setting, it is best practice to leave this setting off at all times and only turn it on for one-off needs. Always make sure to disable it and publish changes when done doing the necessary void.
Description: When enabled, tickets will be locked when they are being viewed or changed on other devices. If a Staff member attempts to open a ticket that is being modified on a different station it will give a message that cannot be bypassed. This aids in preventing ticket overwriting.
- It is recommended to keep this on to further reduce the chance of overwrites. If it is disabled, a ticket can be edited on two devices at the same time and this could cause issues.
Generic Loyalty Store Code (COMO Branch ID)
Description: This field is used to enter a unique identifier for a location for 3rd party loyalty programs such as Como and Paytronix.
Embedded Barcode Settings
Description: These settings allow the configuration of weight or price embedded barcodes. Details on configuration can be found in the Heartland Restaurant Release Notes: https://heartlandpos.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/1260805817969