This article describes how to create and upload new item grids via a single import, allowing you to import multiple new and items grids, as well as update existing grids, in only one step.
- This functionality is available in Heartland Retail Connect version 7.40 or later.
- Merchants must have the Import to Item Grids feature flag enabled.
If you have questions regarding the updates described in this document, please contact the Heartland Retail support team.
Before importing new grids, you must first create a file with the desired import schema. To do this, follow these steps:
- From the Grids page, enter desired search criteria and select Export. Please note that the Export option will not appear until you have selected at least one grid.
- The resulting file (.xlsx or .csv format) will include fields for the selected grid’s attributes which you can then edit and import to update the grids in your POS.
Not only can you change existing grid attributes, but you can also add new grid attributes as well as new items.
- Once you have made desired changes to your file, you are ready to import the updated information into your POS.
During the import process, the POS will automatically import the following grid level attributes along with any others you have selected:
- Long Description
- Original Price
- Custom Fields
To perform an import of your updated grid data, follow these steps.
- From the Inventory page, go to Grids and select Import.
- Select Upload and browse to the desired file.
- The POS will display a preview of the changes so you can verify that it is correct before completing the operation.
- When you are ready to process the import, select Complete Import and wait for a success notification.
- If your import file contains a grid number that is already in use, the POS will automatically check to see if the grid exists and, if so, will overwrite existing data for that grid with the updated values contained in the import.
- If your import file contains new grids and/or items, the POS will automatically add these to your POS data during the import process.