This article describes how to apply discounts at the order level instead of at the individual item level at a Heartland Retail site. If you have questions regarding the features described in this document, please contact the Heartland Retail support team.
- You must have the necessary Order-Level Discounts & Charges tenant landlord feature flag enabled for your account.
- You must transact with Heartland Retail Connect version 6.30 or higher.
- Create a coupon by selecting Sales | Coupon | New.
- Enter desired values for Coupon Code and Name, set start/end dates and times if needed, and select Create.
- Select Conditions.
- From the dropdown list, select one of the following conditions:
Get $[x] off of entire order
Get [x]% off of entire order
- Select Save, then Start.
- Ring up items.
- Add the order-level coupon and note the total discount.
- Complete transaction and, if desired, print receipt.