This document describes the use of a newly introduced email template which allows merchants to easily email purchase orders directly from Heartland Retail with all relevant information automatically included. This functionality is available in versions 7.60 and later.
If you have questions regarding the features described in this document, please contact the Heartland Retail support team.
The Purchase Order email template relies on the following two values:
- A designated Email Sender Address in Settings | Receipts
- A designated email address for the intended vendor
Before attempting to use this feature, please verify that you have correct values in both of these fields.
- When you are ready to email a purchase order, first select the purchase order from the list.
- Once the purchase order displays, select Email.
- At the prompt, select one or both of the available formats (PDF and Excel), and select Send.
The system will automatically create an email from the designated Email Sender Address in Settings | Receipts, and to the vendor’s designated email address, as displayed in Send to field in the prompt above, and will attach the purchase order in the selected format(s).
The POS will display a toast message upon success.
The email will include the purchase order number in the subject line. The body of the email will include the purchase order number along with the shipping address and location.
The system will create date and time stamps for all emailed purchase orders and will note such information on the purchase order page.
Here are links to download the latest version of Heartland Retail Connect: