The Prepare For Payroll section Admins run payroll. Users select the timesheets to:
- Run the payroll
- Edit timesheets
- Approve any holiday hours worked
- Send all of the employee timesheet data to Payroll.
Pay Run Summary Section
The Pay Run summary section provides users the ability:
- View any previously run payrolls.
- Delete pay runs no longer needed.
- Filter the Pay runs by status:
To start a new pay run, users click the Start New Pay Run icon in the top right corner.
Employee Pay Data to Process section
The Employee Pay Data to Process section provides users the ability to:
- Filter by:
- Date range (A)
- Per Timesheet or Submission Date (B).
- Spotlight search by employee name (C).
- Filter (D) by:
- Employee's Supervisor.
- Work Location.
- Employment Type.
- Employment Status (Active or Terminated).
- Check which individuals to run payroll for (E) or select all timesheets by clicking the bulk checkbox (F).
Resolving Pay Run Issues Section
- The system will display a popup window to notify the user of:
- Any errors or discrepancies in the employee’s timesheets
- Any holiday premiums getting paid out. Users are provided the option of paying it on:
- The current period
- The next period
- Ignoring it
- In this instance, the user is presented an unapproved timesheet exception. Users can select whether to Fix the exception or Ignore the exception. Clicking Fix brings the user to the employee’s timesheet to correct any issues, then submit the time sheet and approve it.
- To ignore the exception, the users will:
- Check specific employee's names to ignore, or select all employees with the bulk check box.
- Click Ignore.
- If there are any unapproved timesheets, the system will ask you to fix those as well.
- Users are notified once all exceptions are resolved, and prompted to continue with the Next button.
Pay run totals section
The Pay Run Totals section allows users to:
- Save the pay run as a draft.
- Finalize the pay run and submit the data to Payroll.
- View totals on the top left-hand side of the screen. Totals include:
- Total number of employees in the pay run.
- Total number of hours being paid.
- Total dollar amount being paid.
- View employee’s timesheet by clicking on the employee’s name.
- Back out of the pay run and save it as a draft by clicking the Back to Pay Run Summary button.
- Export the current pay run as a CSV file by clicking the Download as CSV button.
- Send the pay run’s information to Payroll by clicking on the Finalize Pay Run or Send button.