Approvers are like managers in that they can approve or deny requests by employees. Administrators can set up other employees to handle some of these roles to remove some of the workload associated with day to day of approving for shifts, time off, etc.
- Add the admin as an employee/administrator. (See instructions on how to Add Employee/Add an Administrator).
- Under the Administration Section in the navigation bar, click Approvers.
- Click Add Approver box.
- Under Choose Entity, choose whether the approver is an Employer/Employee. If the approver to be added is not listed as an employee but is listed as an administrator, the name should be under the employer list.
- Click the drop-down below Employer/Employee, then choose the name of the person to be added as an Admin.
- If the Approver to be added is an Employee, under the Access Level Section, choose Full if the person to be added is to have the SAME access level as the account owner.
- If the person is to have Restricted Access only, choose Restricted.
- Restriction can be based on location or any organizational structure saved in the system such as location, department, or roles. If the person is only supposed to have access to a certain organizational level, click on the level that the admin is supposed to have access to.
- If the admin is to have access to all employees but with restricted function, click the dropdown box below the Roles and Permission section and choose the role the admin is supposed to have access to. Specific functions associated with the chosen roles will be listed below the box once the role/s have been chosen.
The Timesheet Settings is where the punching method, its approval path, and period when it should be approved will be configured.