Continuous Tracking monitors employees’ physical location who punch in and out from their mobile device with the Time & Attendance mobile app from the moment they punch in, until the moment they punch out. This allows you to track their position across the day to verify they are at the correct job site through their entire shift.
You can access Timesheet Blocks by navigating to Administration - Timesheet Settings, and when creating a new template or editing an existing one, select the Timesheet Blocks tab.
To enable continuous tracking:
- Select Administration > Timesheet Settings.
- Select the existing timesheet template that has the Punch Time Entry module, or create a new one.
- Click Timesheet Blocks.
- Scroll down to the section Location Capture and set the following options:
- Location Tracking Required from Mobile: This logs the employee’s location when they punch in and out from their mobile Time & Attendance app.
- Enable Continuous Tracking: This is only available when Location Tracking Required from Mobile is set to Yes.
- When finished, click Save or Save and Publish.
When Employees log in from their mobile device, they will have to grant GPS access to the Time & Attendance app. Once done, after they punch in, their device will send an update when they have moved a significant location change.
Once they have punched out, their device will cease sending location updates.
View Continuous Tracking
When Continuous Tracking is enabled, employee movements while they are clocked in are visible through their Timesheet. To view an employee’s timesheet map:
- Select Team Timesheets.
- Select the Employee to view.
- Select Map View.
- Select the Time Period to view. Employee movements will be displayed, with their movements during the time they were punched in displayed as a series of connected dots.