- Under the Administration section in the navigation bar, click Timesheet settings.
- Once inside the timesheet settings, click Approval Paths (A), then click the Create (B) box.
- A Timesheet Approval Path window will pop up.
- Type the Name (A) and Description (B) of the Approval Path.
- After this, there are two major boxes inside the window: Define Approval Condition (C) and Approval Options (D).
- Under the Define Approval Path Conditions section, choose whether the approval path should have Criteria and or Approval Method. Most commonly, Approval Paths follow the approval method of either Automatic Approval, One or More Approvers or Supervisor Hierarchy.
Below is an example setting for using a criteria method:
- Under Approval Options, you can set a number of criteria, such as how much time to allow an approver to make a decision.
You can set what to do if the approver rejects the time sheet, such as sending it back to the requester, or sending it back to a previous approver in the approval path.
If the time expires, you can choose to automatically approve the request, forward the timesheet to a supervisor, or send an email reminder to the approver.