Submitted timesheets of the employee can either go to one or more approvers, having either or all of them approve the timesheet. Multilevel of approval can also be done (e.g. after the supervisor approves the timesheet, it can go to the payroll manager or owner of the business). This approval method is for setting up single and multi-level of approval of people who don’t necessarily report to the next level of approver but has to approve the timesheet.
Under the Administration section in the navigation bar, click Timesheet settings. Then choose the Approval Paths tab.
- From the Approval Method dropdown, choose One or More Approvers.
- A row of the box that will appear below the approval method.
- In the Search/Type box, choose the approver/first set of approvers.
- If there is more than one approver for that level, in the box beside it, choose between All must approve or Either can approve.
- Should there be another level of approver, click the Add Another Approver Step link below the approver box. Then choose the next set of approver/s and whether the condition of who should approve the timesheet.