If there are several levels of hierarchy in the company, instead of specifying to whom will the timesheet go, the number of levels can be set for the timesheet to go from the supervisor up to the highest position possible. For example, if the employee’s supervisor reports to a manager and the manager reports to the general manager or payroll manager, by entering 3 in the level section, the timesheet will need to automatically undergo the approval of the three levels without needing to specify their positions.
Under the Administration section in the navigation bar, click Timesheet settings, then choose Approval Paths.
- From the Approval Method drop-down, choose Supervisor Hierarchy.
- Type in the number of levels the timesheet has to be approved.
- After setting the approval path conditions, configure the Approval Options section. Set the time limit as to when the system should send notification/automatically approve the timesheet.
- Choose what to do when the approver rejects the timesheet request from the drop-down below the question.
- Lastly, choose what action to perform if the time limit from the drop-down is reached.
- Click Save.