To authorize a Visa, Mastercard, or Discover MAP transaction by phone:
- Call 1.800.291.4840.
- Follow the prompts to enter your merchant information and the transaction details.
- If approved, write down the approval provided by the system. Take a manual imprint of the card, for protection against disputes, according to your store policies.
- Use your point-of-sale device or application to enter the transaction as an offline sale.
The voice authorization system can prompt for:
- Your voice authorization merchant ID number. This is your merchant ID (MID) with the 65 at the beginning and last digit removed. For example, a MID of 650000001234567 becomes a voice auth MID of 000000123456.
- Your voice auth bank ID. For Wells Fargo, enter 440369. For Heartland, enter 473693.
- Your ZIP Code.
- The transaction code; press 1 for a sale or # for additional options. Press 8 if you have a Code 10 suspicious card.
- The credit card account number and expiration date (MMYY).
- The amount without the decimal. For example, enter 200 for $2.00.