To lock down the time clock app on your iPad and put it into “Kiosk Mode” do the following:
- Go to Settings app and then select General > Accessibility > Guided Access.
- Enable the Guided Access slider.
- Tap Passcode Settings and “Set Guided Access Passcode”. Note: This passcode will be needed to exit “Kiosk Mode” and the Administrator or the IT person typically set this passcode.
- Keep the Touch ID option as Disabled so that in the event you need to exit the Kiosk Mode anyone who knows the passcode of the device will be able to perform this action.
- Launch the Time Clock app.
- Quickly press the Home button three times in a row.
- Tap Start in the top right corner of your screen when you’re ready.
While in Guided Access mode, the iPad’s screen won’t turn off. It will remain on and unlocked for anyone to use it. Please keep the iPad plugged in. You could also choose to enable the Sleep/Wake button on the Guided Access screen. This will allow anyone to turn off the iPad’s screen. Anyone can turn it on and they’ll be taken to the app in Guided Access mode without having to enter a PIN.