Before starting, verify that you have purchased your ZKT clocks and wall mounts.
The following models are supported:
- F305-ID - WIFI
- Facial recognition terminal with RFID card
- Multi-Biometric face & fingerprint with RFID card
- US15 Series
- Depending on the version, this model provides Fingerprint, RFID support, or both.
Setup the Physical ZKT Device
Before setting up your ZKT Device, refer to your specific model’s documentation. To set up your ZKT Device, follow these steps.
Record the Serial Number
- Unbox the ZKT device and turn it on.
- Tap the Menu button and select System Info.
- Select Device Info and record the Serial Number. Keep this for your records.
Connect Device to the Internet
- Click on the Menu button and select COMM. The Communications Menu will be displayed.
- To connect your device to a wireless network:
- Select Wireless Network and set WiFi to On.
- Wait for the WiFi Networks to be displayed. Select the WiFI network to use. Enter the passcode for the network if prompted.
- To connect your device to a wired or Ethernet network:
- Plug the LAN cable into the back of the device.
- From the menu, select COMM. The Communications Menu will be displayed.
- Select Ethernet. To use DHCP, set DHCP to On. An IP address and related settings will be automatically set. To use a static address, set DHCP to Off and add the following:
- IP address
- Subnet mask
- TCP COMM. Port (Default 4370)
Set Cloud Server
To set the Cloud Server to sync data from the ZKT Device to the Time & Attendance system:
- Tap the Menu button.
- Select Comm. The Communication menu will be displayed.
- Select Cloud Server Settings menu set the following:
Set ZKT Clock Settings on the Web
To connect your ZKT Physical devices to your account, follow these steps from the Web interface.
Add New ZKT Clock
- Login to your Time & Attendance account.
- Select Administration → Time Clock Devices.
- Select Physical Clocks - ZKTeco.
- Click Add New Clock. A new popup window will be displayed.
- Set the following:
- Serial Number: The same Serial Number as from the Record the Serial Number step.
- Clock Name: Set an appropriate name for the clock. For example: 2nd Floor Clock.
- Timezone: Select the Time Zone from the drop down list.
If ZKT clock has been connected to the Web Server, clock name and serial number will be displayed in the ZKT clock list immediately.
If the ZKT was not connected to the Web Server, the URL to be entered into the ZKT Device will be displayed. Verify the ZKT Device settings. When complete click Check Clock Status from the Web interface.
If there are still connection issues, recheck the ZKT Clock configuration.
Map Time System Fields to ZKT Fields
- Login to your T&A account.
- Navigate to Administration → Time Clock Devices. Select Physical Clocks - ZKTeco.
- Click ZKTeco Settings. A popup window will be displayed.
- Click +Add Field to add a field to map.
- Select the fields to map from the drop downs. The fields on the left are from Time & Attendance fields, the fields on the right are ZKTeco Clock Fields.
- To remove a mapped field, click the Trash Can icon.
- Once all fields are mapped, click on Sync ZKTeco Settings.
- Click Done to confirm.
- Only one T&A job field can be mapped to a ZKTeco Clock field. To synchronize multiple T&A job fields to the clock, aggregate them inside a job group.
- Only T&A numeric Custom Fields can be mapped to ZKT Clock tip code.
- In T&A fields, if job groups or company groups have hierarchy structure, only final sub-root level items will be taken into account and be mapped to ZKT Clock fields.
Setup Employee Record
- Log in to the admin account from the Web interface.
- Go to any employee profile record where you want to enable the ability to clock in/out from the ZKT device by selecting Employees, then the employee to update.
- On the employee profile, go to the following section: Time & Attendance -> Timesheets.
- Set the ZKT Clock Access to On, then set the following:
- User ID: This unique User ID by the admin. This ID is a communication bridge between Time & Attendance and the clock. The User ID will be displayed on the ZKT clock when an employee makes a punch on the clock.
Badge Number: This is an RFID tag number printed on the tag. This tag is assigned by the admin to the employee.
- Password: Assigned by the admin on the behalf of the employee. This is required when employees make a punch on the clock. The employee punching in must know this password.
- Verification Mode: Select verification mode from the dropdown. Verify that the Verification Mode is supported by the ZKT Device:
- Badge Number & Password
- Face Id
- IMPORTANT NOTE: Once all the settings on ZKT Clock Settings screen are complete, click the Save button. Changes will automatically sync with the clock.
Authenticate Employees on the ZKT Clock
When the Admin sets up the Employee Record through the Web interface and clicks Save, all the changes automatically sync with the clock. Only Fingerprint and the Face Id of the Employee will be added from the clock.
To add the Fingerprint and Face ID, follow these steps from the ZKT Clock:
- Click the Menu button.
- Select User Mgt. menu. The User Management will be displayed.
- Select All Users from the menu. This will list all employee syncs between ZKT and GH.
- Select the Employee from the list. The Employee details will be displayed.
- Select Fingerprint and follow the process to add a fingerprint.
- Select Face and follow the process to add face id for the employee.
Configuration on the ZKT Clock
Set Job, Work and Tip Codes
After syncing the clock configure mapping from the Web interface to the ZKT clock the Job Code, Work Code and Tip Code can be displayed in the ZKT Clock. To associate the code with a punch, please follow the steps below:
- From the ZKT Clock, click the Menu button.
- Open the Personalize Module.
- Select the Shortcut Key mapping section.
- Configure the punch. For each button, choose the appropriate Job Group, Work Code, and Tip Group so that Employees can choose from them when punching.
Set Daylight Savings Time
Another configuration on the ZKT Clock is for Daylight Saving. To enable the Daylight Saving, please follow the steps below:
- Open System in the main menu.
- Enter into the Date Time section.
- Enable Daylight Saving Time to On or Off depending on the business need.
Steps to Make Punches from ZKT Clock
To make punch from the ZKT Clock follow these steps:
- On the clock Home Screen, access the punch system based on the device you are using. For example, for RFID enabled units, touch the RFID card to the clock.
- Select the appropriate option. For example, to Clock In, select Check-In.
- Now use the authentication method set by admin. For example, swipe the RFID tag and enter the password).
- Clock will prompt for the Job. Select the job from the list.
- Once an Employee selects the job and authentication is successful, the clock will display Thanks and the Employee Info for a few seconds.
- The same process is used for the Clock Out, Break or Transfer job process.
- All data will automatically sync with Time & Attendance and all punches will be shown in the employee timesheet.
ZKT API Is Not Working
If the ZKT API is not working, open a web browser and open the URL https://zkt.gethired.com/ .
- If an error message is displayed, contact the support team.
- If the symbol / is displayed, then the API is working correctly.
The Same ZKT ID Is Assigned to 2 Employees
The ZKT ID must be unique across all Employees. If the same ZKT ID is applied to multiple Employees, then there will be issues when those Employees clock in and out.
Admins should ensure that all Employees have a ZKT ID.
Employee Not Schedule to Work
If an Employee is not scheduled to work and attempts to punch in from the clock, and if the Timesheet setting Enforce Schedule is set to True, the punch will not be saved in the Employee’s Timesheet.
Punch Based Timesheet Not Assigned to The User
Until the Employee is assigned a punch based timesheet, none of the punches from ZKT will be displayed in the timesheet. Once a punch based timesheet is assigned to the employee, all punches from the ZKT for that timesheet period will be displayed.
When the Verification Mode is added to an Employee, is the ZKT Device Updated?
Yes - the server sends the USER INFO update command to the ZKT device. Verify your server address is correct as described above.
Are Alternate Clock In Methods Accepted by the ZKT Device?
US ZKT clocks will only allow users to authenticate based on verification mode saved on the device. If the server attempts to sync verification methods that are not supported to the ZKT device and the sync fails, then that data will not be saved to the device.
Is the ZK Verification Available in the Employee Templates?
The ZK Verification is available when importing from CSV through Administration > Import. A unique User ID is a mandatory for US ZKT clock verification mode.
How are ZKT Clock Workcodes Synced with The Time & Attendance Server?
The Workcode needs to be sent or synced from the Time and Attendance Server before it can be recognized.
- Create the custom workcode on your ZKT device.
- Login to your Time & Attendance server as an Admin user.
- Select Administration > Time Clock Devices > Physical Clocks - ZKT.
- If the clock is not yet connected to the Time & Attendance server, follow the instructions above on adding it.
- If the clock is already connected to the Time & Attendance server, click ZKT Settings, then click Sync ZKT Settings. Click Done when finished.
- Click ZKT Settings.
- Select the Time and Attendance field to map to the Workcode. Click + Add Field to map additional fields to work codes.
- When finished, click Sync ZKT Settings. Click Done when finished.
Once a workcode is no longer required is it possible to remove it from a ZK device or series of devices?
The workcode can be removed from one or more ZK devices. Other ZK devices connected to the Time & Attendance server are not effected.
- IMPORTANT NOTE: Workcodes can be mapped from the Time & Attendance server, but can not be deleted from it.