WOTC orders can be placed for Employees while they are being onboarded or after the onboarding is complete. For more information, see WOTC Administration.
Screen Candidates for Tax Credit
When Candidates are still being onboarded, you can request they complete a WOTC Eligibility Questionnaire. Their responses will determine if they are WOTC qualifying hires.
To submit a WOTC order for an Employee that has not been hired:
- Select WOTC Eligible Candidates from the left navigation panel.
- Click Screen Candidates for Tax Credits.
- Enter the new hire’s information including First Name, Last Name, etc. When finished click Screen for Tax Credits.
The Onboarding Employee will be sent a questionnaire and alert them if they are eligible to receive a tax credit.
Part of the Onboarding process requires that the new Employee fills in their Work Opportunity Tax Credit details. This information will determine if they qualify under WOTC.
Place WOTC Order
Enter Hire Date Confirmation
To submit a WOTC order for an Employee still in the process of being onboarded:
- Select the checkbox for the employee on the left side.
- Confirm the following:
- Date the Candidate completed the WOTC questionnaire
- Date the job offer was made
- Date the candidate accepted the job offer
- Date of candidate’s first day on the job
- Starting wage
- Your company’s industry
- State the employee will work in
- Click Save when complete.
To edit the Hire Date Confirmation, select the Edit icon: To delete the Hire Date Confirmation details entirely, select the Trash icon:
Submit WOTC Order
Once finished entering the Hire Date Confirmation details for all employees, select Submit WOTC. The WOTC orders for all selected Employees will be submitted.